Blog Entry #17: Final Prompt

My favorite part of this course was the conversation we had centered on the book Nobody.  I really enjoyed that book and what Hill was able to accomplish by linking the deaths of Trayvon Martin, Eric Garner, Sandra Bland, etc. to deeper, more systemic issues with racism and our flawed criminal justice system.  It was such an important book!  

I also enjoyed being able to interject so much opinion in the course as a whole.  It was less about academics and research than my other courses (many of the other courses were based on theory) and more based on current events and other important topics, like feminism, which I loved having the opportunity to talk about as a group.  It has been a great experience!

Comments

  1. Glad you had a great experience Stefany when I know some, including myself, did not have a favorable experience in this class.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Entry #8: Racism in Game of Thrones

Blog Entry #7: My Op-ed

Blog Entry #4: Representation in the Media