The focus for my final project/feature article is whether or not higher education should be free in the United States. As I’m sure most people in the class would agree (as we are currently all college students at a pricey, private liberal arts schools), free higher education would be a game changer. Although I have had scholarships and forms of tuition remission throughout my college education, I have still had to take out a LOT of loans, just in order to survive while in college. Though I am incredibly grateful for the graduate assistantship I hold at NCC (because it pays my tuition and fees), the stipend I am awarded for working for the college is only $3,750.00 PER YEAR , which breaks down to about $300.00 per month-- far from a living wage. I suppose I could have taken on another job or two instead of taking the student loans, but I had this radical idea that working one intensive job while completing graduate level classes and having any semblance of a normal li...
Stefany,
ReplyDeleteFirst off, I love how visually pleasing your feature article is! Second, you have definitely chosen a topic that needs some more light shined down on it. The most interesting part of your presentation/discussion last night was when you started discussing the gender neutral dorms (I just wrote a post about my opinion on it). I feel that gender identity gets in the way too much now-a-days and is definitely a topic worth discussing.